3 Zigma CHI Microphone Lipstick Pair
Small Diaphragm Swappable Capsule Design, Stereo Pair, Choose Cardioid, Hypercarioid, Free Field or Diffuse Omni
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Go stereo, and bring a versatile pair to your mic collection that can be added to later!
Includes factory matched Stainless Steel CHI mic bodies, shock mounts, and choice of any lipstick small capsule-modules, all in a Premium Wood Case.
The 3 Zigma CHI System is designed to be an extremely flexible platform offering the demanding engineer a range of sounds going from the most classic vintage toned capsules to the most true to the source, "straight wire", modern specs capsules. Made to be reliable and robust, this microphone system must be regarded as a long term investment, and one that can only grow: indeed, as you add more capsules and accessories, your CHI system will expand and offer more options thus enhancing your recording, helping you getting the sounds you're after in the studio and generally speaking, broadening your sound "palette" when recording.
Choose between two body styles, the uber-clean transformerless or the high SPL, somewhat "colored" HA-FX transformer version with pad and hi-pass filter.
Two head-amps (bodies) available:
- Transformerless Model HA-TLII
Extremely clean, straight wire with gain preamp body
- Transformer-Coupled Model HA-FX
Features 3-Way Pad and 3-Way High-Pass Switch
Lipstick Capsule Choices
- Cardioid: A very typical SD capsule, probably the one you'll use most often. Straight cardioids pattern with nice, flat frequency response with only minimal treble peak, giving a very true and neutral sound with just enough reach and directionality for most jobs. The proximity effect is totally predictable.
- Hypercardioid: A more directional version of the Cardioid capsule, with more proximity effect. The treble response is still very realistic and to some people, will actually sound more "real" than the cardioid.
- Diffuse Omni: to be used when a relatively flat treble is required off axis, for instance when the sound of the room needs to be accurately represented (darker source).
- Free Field Omni: to be used when a relatively flat treble is required on axis, for instance when the source needs to be accurately represented (darker room sound).
3 Zigma CHI Mi...
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.